|Are you looking to get into triathlons, improve your triathlon experience, and learn from other triathletes within a positive team atmosphere? Then the 2015 Runners Forum Triathlon Team is just for you!
Join the RF Tri Team Group on Facebook!
Sign up today for the 2015 RF Tri Team!
To learn more, sign up for one of our call out meeting dates listed below and we'll be happy to fill you in on what the team is all about. You'll need to try on the sample tri kit to get your correct size.
Call out meetings:
- When: Monday, February 9th @ 6:00 pm
- Where: The Runners Forum in Carmel (Map)
- When: Tuesday, February 10th @ 6:00 pm
- Where: The Runners Forum in Greenwood (Map)
- When: Wednesday, February 11th @ 6:00 pm
- Where: The Runners Forum in Zionsville (Map)
- When: Thursday, February 12th @ 6:00 pm
- Where: The Runners Forum in Broad Ripple (Map)
When: Friday, February 13th @ 6:00 pm
Where: The Runners Forum in Fishers (Map)
- When: Saturday, February 14th @ 9:00 am
- Where: The Runners Forum in Avon (Map)
The mission of the Runners Forum Tri Team is to build a positive and a fun team atmosphere for all ability levels by providing opportunities to learn, train and compete with your peers while enjoying the benefits of an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Training Opportunities- Join your teammates for training and fun throughout the season!
- Group Runs- Join your fellow teammates and other runners for group runs!
- The Runners Forum will hosts fun runs regularly at all seven locations. Each store hosts at least one run every month, so there are numerous opportunities to have fun and meet training partners with similar abilities and interests.
- Indy Runners and Carmel Runners clubs are also well attended and provide different schedules and locations for their group runs.
- Personal Best Training offers performance coaching for those looking to advance their abilities. If you are looking to maximize your potential we recommend contacting Matt Ebersole at PBT regarding his coaching services.
- Group Cycling
- Tri team members regularly participate in the local group rides. We are working to provide an option for group interval training in conjunction with one of the area group rides, stay tuned!
- Indy area group rides: Other Indy area group ride options will be communicated to the team, the variety of days, times and locations should suit most schedules.
- We have a great Facebook group that often organizes their own group rides or workouts. This has been beneficial to team members looking for a training partner or group workout outside of our regularly scheduled events.
- Group Swims
- RF tri team members receive discount pricing with Indy Aquatic Masters. The program offers numerous locations and scheduled workouts with a wide range of abilities.
- Learn from the Experts - We will be offering a number of classes to help improve your triathlon training and racing experience! We feel this will help with you overall understanding of the sport and beyond!
- Transition Clinic- Have you ever wondered how people can transition so well? This would be perfect for you!
- Creating Your Own Training Plan- Training plans are unique to each individual. Learn how to set yours up with tips from Smitty!
- Basic Bike Fitting- J.B., our staff bike mechanic, will present the philosophy and understanding of how to insure a proper fit on a bike, basic bike maintenance, and more!
- Pro Team Deal- New for 2015! Receive specific team deals from a selection of vendors.
- Deals from Highway 2- includes Kask helmets, Brooks saddles, Continental Tires, Selle Royal, ABUS locks, Fizik saddles, and Crankbrothers pedals.
- Pro deal with Zipp and SRAM products
- Social Opportunities
- Post Race Hangout- Join us at our tent at many of the local triathlons! We'll have food, drinks, and good stories to tell of your race!
- Group Meetings and Workouts
- RF Tri Team Kit and Accessories
- You will receive this year's Runners Forum Tri Kit; a custom printed top and bottom from Sugoi!
- Team Tech t-shirt
- More accessories to be announced soon!
- Smiling and enthusiastic triathletes!
- Exemplify good sportsmanship.
- Participate in at least 4 of the following events:
- Carmel Sprint Triathlon
- Eagle Creek Sprint Tri #1
- Eagle Creek Sprint Tri #2
- Morse Reservoir Triathlon
- Ironman Muncie 70.3 or Sprint Triathlon
- Tri Indy
- Eagle Creek Sprint Tri #3
- Go Girl Triathlon
- Muncie Multisport Series Races
- Compete in the Runners Forum triathlon jersey.
The absolute, drop dead date to join the team is Sunday - February 22nd, 2015 by 8:00pm.
After February 22nd, 2015:
Because of the cost structure of ordering your custom kit, we have to wait until there are 6 people (to meet minimum ordering requirements from Sugoi) who join after the February 22nd deadline before ordering more kits. At a maximum, the cost will be $226/athlete who joins after the February 22nd deadline.
- Are workouts mandatory?- No, they are not. Of course, the more the better. But we want this to be fun! We understand life gets in the way.
- I'm afraid I'm too slow. Can I still join?- Absolutely! You can only improve with the help of others. There is no reason to be intimidated! We are a friendly group of folks!
- I'm training for other races and may not be able to do the 4 expected triathlons. Can I still join?- Yes, you can. We understand people have other race goals in mind. Please contact us to let us know and we'll work it out with you.
- How do we know what size tri kit to get?- We will have sizing kits at our store until February 22nd. Please come to the Tri Team call out meeting. We will have sample try on uniforms to ensure a proper fit. Size selection is the responsibility of each team member. The kits will be ordered to your request. No refunds or exchanges will be available.